Take your dancing to the next level by renting the BDA Portable Dance Floor!
Professional quality for safety, resilience and fun.
The BDA floor can turn a basketball court, grassy lawn, parking lot or carpeted indoor setting into a danceable stage for a professional performance, student assembly or community event.
Watch and see how easy it is to assemble the BDA floor!
Light panels that fit together without tools or adhesives for easy installation
- Sizes range from 5’x 5′ to 35′ x 37’6″.
- Special sizes may be available by prior arrangement.
- Size: 2’ 6” x 2’ 6” x 2”
- Weight: 20 lbs. / 24 lbs. / 29 lbs.
The panels come in carts to roll to your location
- Size: 22″ x 36″ x 38″
- Weight: 242 lbs.
Your BDA rental contract will describe the type and number of carts you need and the size van or truck you need to transport them.
How Much Does It Cost?
The BDA floor is competitively priced to make it available to as many users as possible. Prices for the BDA floor depend on the size, how long you will have it, and whether you are charging admission to your event.
Discounts are available for BDA members and pre-paid, multiple installations (3 or more per fiscal year)
Some typical examples:
- One day rental 12.5’x 12.5’ for a free event $275 members, $375 non-members
- One day rental of 20’x 20’ for a free event $450 members, $550 non-members
- One day rental of entire floor for free event 35’ x 37.5’ $650 members, $800 non-members
- Truck rentals are typically $90-$200 plus a small surcharge for fuel.
- Don’t want to pick up, assemble and return the floor yourself? Our technician changes $45/hour for delivery, assembly and strike. The largest floor requires a helper charging an additional $25/hour. Boston Dance Alliance does not mark up these fees.
- There is a $300 security deposit which is returned to you on return of the floor in good condition.
- Using pointe shoes? You will need to add marley at an additional cost.
Contact BDA as early as possible to determine availability and to get a quote.
We are happy to help you think through how to budget for a floor rental in your grant applications, too, with no obligation.
Buy A Floor
BDA’s portable sprung dance floor is a great investment for schools, municipalities, community organizations, clubs, and cultural institutions that want to share dance with a broad range of audiences and participants. Floors are built to your specifications! Let us tell you more