Over 24 years, The Dance Complex has evolved into a regional hub for the study, creation and performance of dance. The organization is housed in an historic 5-story building containing 7 studios and multiple performance spaces, located in Central Square, Cambridge.
The Operations and Resource Manager at The Dance Complex –
• Reports to the Executive Director
• Supports the Organization’s Mission and Strategic Plan
• Supervises and supports program goals, events, and deliverables
• Ensures smooth running of the daily operations
• Maintains oversight of general business activities, including human resources, accounting,
information technology, communications, and building operations
• Guides Staff and Volunteers in order to achieve targets and goals
• Builds consensus, implements systems, and defines best practices
• Engages with and supports the culture of collaboration present in the organization specifically, and with non-profit operations and arts organizations generally
MetroWest Ballet is looking for a Latin and Salsa Dance instructors to hold beginner to intermediate adult classes and co-host socials on a regular basis at their studio location in Hudson, Massachusetts.
The schedule is flexible. Please contact Jessica at 508 320 3032 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the opportunity.
The Dana Hall School in Wellesley, Massachusetts seeks a part-time dance instructor beginning in the 2016-2017 school year. Candidates must have significant and successful experience working with a wide range of ages and skill levels across disciplines including ballet, jazz and tap, and with choreography.
The position includes teaching up to dance fourteen dance classes per week across grades 5-12, plus choreography and other preparation for events, including dance concerts and showings.
Sleep ’til noon and dance ’til midnight in an exciting career as a ballroom & Latin dance instructor with one of the leaders in the ballroom dance instruction industry — Fred Astaire Dance Studios! Specific ballroom & Latin dance / teaching experience is not required as we train new hires in all skills necessary to be successful in the role of instructor. If you are a highly motivated individual with a passion for dance that you love to share with others, please apply!
Please note that this is a full-time career opportunity with health and vacation benefits. Our hours are 12:30 to 9 p.m. M-F and we do not hire part-time instructors.
The City Spotlights Leadership Program is a youth employment program that employs 62 Boston and Everett resident teens, with little to no arts access, to train as leaders in their communities through the arts.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Education, the Teaching Artist will create curriculum for and facilitate the Dance specialty, during which approximately 20 teen employees will learn dance techniques and develop original dance pieces for the Final Showcase. The Teaching Artist will serve on the artistic team for the Final Showcase, under the direction of the Associate Director of Education.
The ideal candidate should possess the following attributes and experience:
· Professional knowledge and/or experience in dance, with preference for hip-hop training/experience
· Working knowledge of proper dance techniques and dance genres
· Experience with choreographing and teaching dance for students at all levels