The Winsor School is an independent girls’ school for academically promising and motivated students in grades five through twelve. Winsor is currently seeking an assistant dance class instructor to help choreograph and guide middle school students in choreography. Strong candidates will have experience teaching beginner to intermediate dance at the middle school level in a group setting.
Duties will include:
- Working under the direction of the dance ensemble teacher during the Lower School Performing Arts
- Block on Tuesdays and Fridays from 9:25 a.m. to 10:05 a.m.
- Organizing student groupings, and facilitating creative conversations.
- Working in different styles of dance (tap, jazz, contemporary, and/or hip hop).
- Assisting students with music selection and possibly sound editing (if able).
- Assisting students and lead teacher with costume design.
- Assisting the lead teacher in managing the performance process.
Must be willing to problem solve creatively, communicate clearly and effectively, offer kindness and patience, and be willing to adapt. A willingness to collaborate, a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion work, and an interest in using a variety of pedagogical approaches in the classroom are essential.
Please send a letter of interest, resume, and a list of references to email@example.com. You must put the name of the position in the subject line. Recommendation letters and personal statements are welcome but not required.