Citi Performing Arts Center is seeking a Dance Teaching Artist Assistant for the 2016 City Spotlights Leadership Program. The City Spotlights Leadership Program is a youth employment program that employs 62 Boston and Everett resident teens, with little to no arts access, to train as leaders in their communities through the arts.
The Teaching Artist Assistant’s duties include, but are not limited to:
· Supervising 62 teen employees during morning arrival, transitions, lunch break, and afternoon dismissal
· Assisting the development and facilitation of curriculum for Dance specialty, comprised of 20 Teen Leaders of varying dance experience, with Lead Teaching Artist and Junior Assistant
· Assisting the Flash Mob Teaching Artist in choreography instruction
· Facilitating community building exercises with Teen Leaders throughout the summer
· Assisting with supervising teen employees off-site during tour week (August 1-5)
See link for full description.