Urbanity Dance seeks a part-time Development Assistant. The successful candidate will be a key member of Urbanity’s administrative team who helps manage the organization’s donor and partner relationships, its external communication strategy, and its internal database systems. Reporting to the Development Director, the Development Assistant will aspire to achieve excellence in the administrative responsibilities of the role while also providing outstanding customer service to Urbanity’s community.
Urbanity Dance is committed to empowering individuals and strengthening diverse communities through dance. We aim to engage people of all ages, backgrounds, and abilities, both in their own communities and in our own studio space, by helping them discover or rediscover the joy of movement. Through our Company, School, and Community work, Urbanity Dance serves over 10,000 individuals throughout the Greater Boston community each year.
● Serve as primary manager of donor databases: Salesforce for Nonprofits and Classy
● Track donations and process donation acknowledgment receipts
● Assist Development Director and Director with drafting donor correspondence
● Assist Development Director with maintaining efficient donor management systems that support Urbanity’s donor prospect identification, cultivation, and stewardship goals
● In collaboration with Development Director, assist with planning and execution of virtual and in-person fundraising events
● Attend weekly Development Department meetings; follow up with team members to ensure tasks are completed
● Other related duties as needed
This is a part-time, temporary position through December 2022, 15-20 hours/week, with the potential for hours to increase. Flexible hours during the Monday – Friday work week. This position is hybrid – a mix of in-person and remote work.
● Administrative experience
● Proficiency with MS Office/Google Apps
● Excellent writing skills
● An eye for and appreciation of design
● Excellent customer service skills
● Outgoing, proactive approach
● Detail-oriented and self-directed
● Experience with/aptitude for working in a fast-paced, remote environment
● Understanding of the nonprofit sector
● 1-2 years related work experience
● Proficiency with Salesforce
● Proficiency with Photoshop and Canva
● Proficiency with Squarespace
● Proficiency with Slack and Asana
● Experience with dance/other nonprofit arts organizations
● 2 paid vacation days
● 1 hour of paid sick time per 30 hours worked per MA state law
● Free access to all Urbanity Dance programs, including events, classes, camps, intensives, seminars and workshops
● Private studio rental at a discounted rate of $5 per hour
● One piece of Urbanity merch each year
● Eligibility for a subsidized $25 BDA Associate Membership under Urbanity’s organizational umbrella.
Urbanity Dance is committed to fostering an inclusive and equitable workplace. We prioritize sustainable organizational practices that support balance, boundaries, and rest for all of our team members. Urbanity Dance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Candidate must adhere to Urbanity’s COVID-19 Protocols and Mask Policies on site.
How to Apply:
Email your resume and one writing sample (i.e. essay, proposal, persuasive email, cover letter) to Betsi Graves, Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Assistant” in the subject line. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis but no later than August 20, 2022, and employment may start immediately, at an agreed date in collaboration with the selected candidate.
Please note that contact information for up to 3 references will be requested during the hiring process.