Young Audiences of Massachusetts (YAMA) invites you to join a vibrant roster of 12 teaching artists who are part of our 12-year FridayArts weekly residency program, developed in partnership with the Gardner Pilot Academy (GPA), a K1-8, Title 1, Boston Public School in Allston, MA.
• Teach hip hop dance in two classrooms of mixed 5-6 graders. Fridays. (8:15 AM arrival, 8:30-9:30 AM teaching). Classroom #1 for 15 weeks (Cycle 1: Sept/Oct–Jan.21), and Classroom #2 for 15 weeks (Cycle 2: Jan. 28 –June 17). Total 32 sessions, on-site at school. Remotely, if school closes due to Covid.
• Prepare students for a short presentation for peers at the end of each cycle
• Responsible for creating lesson plans and submitting evaluation/reflection documents as required
• Attend two meetings during the year
• Two years experience teaching middle school dance in an urban school environment
• Strong classroom management skills
$75-$100/class, based on experience