Boston Dance Alliance seeks a friendly, reliable, detail-oriented Operations and Membership Associate to support the day to day operations of this small nonprofit arts service organization serving the Boston metropolitan dance community with information, resources, partnerships, and public advocacy.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Operations and Membership Associate will be responsible for a wide range of activities including office management, basic bookkeeping, member services, program support, logistics and volunteer management for two major events, and web and social media engagement.
The position will be 30 hours per week (M-F 10 am – 4 pm) plus up to 8 evening/weekend events per year. By mutual agreement, hours and responsibilities may increase over time as programs develop.
Pay is $20/hour. Position includes two paid weeks off plus five personal days annually. Holidays include Thanksgiving Wed-Sunday; December 24- January 1, Presidents’ Day, Patriot’s/Marathon Day, and July 4.
BDA has its office in the Boston Ballet building in Boston’s South End, accessible by T.
- Routine office communications, including phone and email
- Manage membership applications and renewals and print and mail membership cards
- Track activities and create forms in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database system.
- Coordinate and manage logistics and volunteers for annual Open Call audition and Dancer Health Day (simultaneous events)
- Working with ED, Board, staff, and vendors, manage logistics and volunteers for annual Gala
- Inventory, sort, and manage lottery to distribute donated dancewear to low-income dancers
Bookkeeping and accounts
- Routine bookkeeping associated with memberships, donations, and fiscal sponsorships
- Monthly budget reconciliation and help prepare materials to support annual tax preparation
- Update website events calendar with ED, members, and strategic partners
- Produce routine communications including weekly events newsletter, Pro/Motion and organizational member Mailchimp eblasts
- Manage and update database/mailing lists
- Collaborate with ED, staff, and outside experts to support enhanced social media strategy (Facebook, Instagram, and emerging social media tools) and data analysis for community outreach and fundraising
Other responsibilities as Boston Dance Alliance programs develop.
Computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite; graphic and design skills for digital and print communications.
Basic bookkeeping skills (Quickbooks Online). Familiarity with Neon or other CRM systems a plus but not required.
Ability to manage email communication (using template files and archiving accordingly) as well as keeping track of multiple communication threads
Familiarity with social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter); expertise is a plus
Demonstrated ability to work independently and to meet explicit milestones and deadlines
Ability to multitask effectively on both short and long-range projects
College degree or equivalent
Priority will be given to applicants with familiarity with and demonstrated commitment to dance
Please note that this position calls for significant time alone in office and self management of responsibilities and schedule is required.
To apply, please email resume and contact information for references, by October 4, 2019 to email@example.com
Boston Dance Alliance is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.