During the Pandemic
The Boston Dance Alliance floor makes dancing possible!
While we cannot gather indoors, the BDA floor can turn a basketball court, grassy lawn or parking lot into a danceable stage or classroom for virtual or socially distanced events.
Indoors, the BDA floor can give you the flexibility to dance wherever there is enough room for physical distancing!
Sizes range from 5’x 5′ to 35′ x 37’6″.
You can go DIY and pick it up yourself, or hire our technician. Your BDA rental contract will describe the type and number of carts you need and the size van or truck you need to transport them.
Watch and see how easy it is to assemble the BDA floor!
How Much Does It Cost?
The BDA floor is competitively priced to make it available to as many users as possible. Prices for the BDA floor depend on the size and how long you will have it.
During the covid-19 pandemic, BDA will not charge increased fees for ticketed/paid events. We want to help keep your costs down at this challenging time.
Some typical examples:
- One day rental 12.5’x 12.5’ for a free event $275 members, $375 non-members
- One day rental of 20’x 20’ for a free event $450 members, $550 non-members
- One day rental of entire floor for free event 35’ x 37.5’ $650 members, $800 non-members
- Truck rentals are typically $90-$200 plus a small surcharge for fuel.
- Don’t want to pick up, assemble and return the floor yourself? Our technician changes $45/hour for delivery, assembly and strike. The largest floor requires a helper charging an additional $25/hour. Boston Dance Alliance does not mark up these fees.
- There is a $300 security deposit which is returned to you on return of the floor in good condition.
- Using pointe shoes? You will need to add marley at an additional cost.
Contact BDA as early as possible to determine availability and to get a quote.
We are happy to help you think through how to budget for a floor rental in your grant applications.
or email firstname.lastname@example.org for details and a no-obligation quote.
Buy A Floor
BDA’s portable sprung dance floor is a great investment for schools, municipalities, community organizations, clubs, and cultural institutions that want to share dance with a broad range of audiences and participants. Floors are built to your specifications! Let us tell you more