A HAPPY HOLIDAY SPECIAL FROM BOSTON DANCE ALLIANCE
Just in time for holiday recitals and Nutcracker performances — and the winter semester at schools and studios!
Thanks to our friends at Dance This Way in West Concord, Mass, BDA is able to offer another $15,000 worth of brand new dancewear to financially disadvantaged dancers in our community.
This distribution includes 167 pairs of brand new Bloch pointe shoes! WOW!
How it works
- Any BDA member who knows of financially disadvantaged dancers who need dancewear can participate. Not a member yet? Join now
- Choose up to three lots of merchandise. Send your requests to firstname.lastname@example.org YOU CANNOT CHERRY PICK — you must take the entire lot.
- Deadline is Sunday, December 8 at midnight.
- On Monday, December 9, 2019, we will pull names from a hat. When necessary, we rebalance merchandise to insure that everyone who participates gets something.
- You promise that you will not a) sell the goods b) if there is something left over (because no one is the right size) you will hang onto it for the next needy dancer.
- We will announce winners on December 10 and you can arrange to pick up the free dancewear at our office, 19 Clarendon Street in the South End!
BLOCH POINTE SHOES JUST IN TIME FOR HOLIDAY RECITALS AND PERFORMANCES
- Lot 1 Youth Ballet
- 36 pairs of pink Bloch pointe shoes sizes 1.5-3.5
- Lot 2 Youth Ballet
- 30 pairs of pink Bloch pointe shoes sizes 3.5-5.5
- Lot 3 Youth Ballet
- 30 pairs of pink Bloch pointe shoe sizes 3.5 – 5.5
- Lot 4 Adult Ballet
- 29 pairs of pink Bloch pointe shoes sizes 5.5 -6.5
- Lot 5 Adult Ballet
- 22 pairs of pink Bloch pointe shoes sizes 3.5 – 7.5
- Lot 6 Youth Ballet
- 25 Pairs of pink Bloch pointe shoes sizes 3.5 – 7. 5
- Lot 7 Adult Ballet
- 26 pairs of pink Bloch pointe shoes sizes 1 – 8
AND LOOK AT WHAT ELSE WE ALSO HAVE
- Lot 8 Youth Ballet
- 35 pairs of pink, leather Grishko full sole ballet flats sizes 10.5 – 13.5
- Lot 9 Youth Ballet
- 26 pairs of pink Capezio pointe shoes sizes 4-6
- Lot 10 Youth Tap
- 39 pairs of white Theatricals tap shoes sizes 1.5 – 4
- Lot 11 Adult Musical Theatre
- 14 pairs of red Sam Edelman flat character shoes sizes 9 – 9.5
- Lot 12 Youth Ballet
- 25 pairs of satin white Leo’s full sole ballet flats sizes 10.5 – 15.5
- Lot 13 Adult Ballet
- 31 pairs of pink Capezio pointe shoes sizes 4 – 7.5
- Lot 14 Youth Jazz
- 39 Pairs of black Trivoli jazz shoes
- Lot 15 Young Adult Jazz
- 35 Assorted Tights & 20 Assorted Dancewear tops
- Lot 16 Young Adult Jazz
- 20 Assorted Dancewear tops & 45 Assorted Bottoms
- Lot 17 Youth Ballet
- 35 pairs of pink leather Grishko & SoDanza Ballet Flats sizes 3.5 – 6.5
- Lot 18 Youth Leotards
- 42 Green, Yellow and White Leotards
- Lot 19 Young Adult Ballet
- 32 Ballet wrap skirts & assorted dance wear accessories (mostly for “girls”)
- Lot 20 Youth Ballet
- 25 white and blue youth leotards & 18 Blue Youth Ballet Skirts
- Lot 21 Youth Ballet
- 25 white and Blue youth leotards
- Lot 22 Youth Ballet
- 45 Pink and Purple youth leotards
- Lot 23 Young Adult
- Dance Shirts and Accessories
The BDA Dancewear distribution program happens once or twice a year, but you can get free costumes for your shows and recitals all year round!
Boston Dance Alliance has partnered with From Our Hearts to Your Toes, a Long Island, New York based organization that collects gently worn dance costumes from extra small child to adult extra-large sizes
To date, From Our Hearts to Your Toes supports over 70 organizations including Arts & Education programs at Alvin Ailey, Ballet Hispanico, The Fresh Air Fund, Girls and Boys Clubs, and YMCA programs.
They do not sell any of the costumes and do not provide costumes to single individuals, just dance programs.
It’s easy to participate!
Write to email@example.com with the code BDA
- Make a request on school/dance program letterhead or include the name of your organization with a website link to demonstrate you are an organization/school working to help children. You do not have to be a registered nonprofit.
- Provide as much information as possible — number of costumes in each size, style, color, and if you know it, the music you are using or feeling you are looking for. They will “shop” their 5000 square foot warehouse in Hicksville, New York to try to match your request.
- Allow at least three-weeks to receive your costumes.
- The costumes and shipping are free!
This program is open to both current BDA members and other dance studios and organizations across the area.
We can’t provide such wonderful resources to our dancers without your support!